Coursework: Statement of Intent


Title: Bloom
Cover image: A Health & Lifestyle coach, social media influencer and author of the "Next step" book series; a guide to level up spiritual, physical and mental wellbeing.
Main feature: Jyothy Ravichandran

My new lifestyle magazine will be called "Bloom". I chose this title, as the term bloom is an emblem of growth and the state most vulnerable and open to vitality, and beauty. In this particular magazine, I will be featuring A Health & Lifestyle coach, social media influencer and author.

By featuring a young, affluent person on the front cover of my magazine, I intend to fulfil the brief. I aim to depict my model as sitting and journaling in order to create a more carefree and relaxed atmosphere for my readers. My model will wear blue, a colour which symbolises wisdom, and inner peace to create a sense of trust in my readers. They will also wear minimal makeup to symbolise self-care. Furthermore, the setting will be placed outside, in nature, during a sunny day. I chose this because I wanted my model to appear grounded and at peace, reflecting her peaceful, lifestyle.  Furthermore, i will centre all light to focus on the model to really capture focus on her and her importance. My double spread page will be of an interview with my model about how she rose up in stardom and improved her life. My two-page layout will feature an interview with Jyothy Ravichandran on her rise to fame and successes. My goal is to demonstrate that anyone, regardless of colour or age, can achieve extraordinary wealth and success through hard work and resiliance.

My model is a young person from the BAME community who represents the South Asian community as there are few successful South Asian people in the media and can serve as an influencer for inspiration. I will challenge misconceptions that the South Asian community is only appropriate for traditional vocations like doctors and teachers, and I will demonstrate how they can be successful in the media. 

Since I will be promoting a young, affluent model who is incredibly famous and well-known worldwide through to brand deals and partnerships with other successful, wealthy people and businesses, my magazine targets the NRS social grade AB community. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLACKPINK - How You Like That

Doctor Who: An Unearthly Child Language and Representation blog tasks

His Dark Materials: Industry and Audience blog tasks